Dear friends and colleagues,
New measures have been taken to control de outbreak of COV-19 in South America. As part of them, the Peruvian President Martin Vizcarra, declared on Sunday night a state of National Emergency for a period of 15 days.
The decree states, among other things:
- The closure of all Peruvian borders: This means the prohibition of international flights arriving at the country’s airports through March 30th, as well as entry by land and sea effective 11:59 p.m. on Monday, 16 March.
- Mandatory Quarantine: Peruvian residents and foreigners are required to stay home and can only leave to buy first necessity goods or emergencies. Grocery stores, banks and pharmacies will be the only businesses open.
Because of the border closure, we must prioritize assisting clients who are currently on the ground in Peru as well as those who will be traveling in the upcoming three weeks (through April 5th). Our team is working non-stop to ensure our guests on the ground are cared for, and that those who are schedule to arrive in the next three weeks are rescheduled.
Please, rest assured that each one of our passengers who is being affected by these measures is being personally contacted by our operations team and is being supported with their reprogramming and changes. Our team has been rapidly re organized to work from home according to our Emergency Protocols and are ready to assist you and your clients.
During this time, we are providing the following phone and WhatsApp lines in order to assist you 24/7:
- +51 997 518 999 – from 07:00 am. until 03:00 pm.
- +51 987 942 050 – from 03:00 pm. until 11:00 pm.
- +51 997 590 890 – from 11:00 pm. until 07:00 am.
We are in unprecedented times, but we know we will get through this and come out stronger.
With kindest regards,